Under direct supervision of Athletic director and building principal, conduct a well-organized, well-disciplined energetic program. Promote good citizenship and community involvement as well as provide leadership, and oversee all coaching duties delegated to him for an interscholastic program operating under NJSIAA operating bylaws and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide athletes with team goals, standards of performance and code of conduct.
- Promoting the general welfare of the team and help student athletes achieve both team and personal goals.
- Interview and hire and evaluate qualified individuals that will best fit the Nutley program.
- Delegate proper authority to all staff members making sure they understand their role and job description.
- Organize, prepare, and conduct individual and team practices, training and competition in order to properly prepare for week-to-week opponents.
- Direct all aspect, areas and components of the their program (i.e. defense, offense, and various individual positions).
- Coordinating all strategic aspects of the program.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of their sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of college recruitment methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of NJSIAA guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to lead and guide high school athletes in area of specialty.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.