The Head Golf Coach is responsible for various aspects of the Golf Program, such as recruiting within the school, scheduling opponents (in conjunction with the Athletic Director), training, and coaching team members. The Head Golf Coach is required to abide the PIAA/WPIAL rules and regulations as well as the rules and regulations set by the Ringgold School District Board of Directors and the athletic administration at Ringgold.
- 1-3 years of experience coaching golf at the high school level (head coaching experience preferred).
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, governing organizations (PIAA/WPIAL), opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in golf.
- Coordinate the development, promotion and recruitment for the Golf Program.
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the Golf Program.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Work with outside organizations to establish a curriculum at the elementary school levels, as well as coordinating the implementation of summer camps for youth and community students.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.