Howard County Department of Recreation & Parks is hiring staff for youth and adult golf lessions, located at Timbers of Troy Golf Course. We are currently seeking a head coach for fall classes. Fall classes will run weekday afternoons and weekends starting in early September.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Teach, organize and supervise participants in the teaching of golf skills.
2. Prepare site every day to ensure safety of participants.
3. Responsible for keeping attendance records and necessary paperwork onsite.
4. Notify students of canceled classes.
5. Arrange for make-ups due to cancellations.
6. Provide drills for players to practive on their own between sessions.
7. Keep in contact with HCRP staff to update class lists and/or to verify late registrants.
8. Maintain friendly, positive communication with participants and parents.
9. Responsible for the safety and general welfare of the program and participants.
10. Complete and submit accident and incident reports to the program supervisor in a timely manner.
11. Appraise player skill levels at the end of the session.
12. Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by the program supervisor.
Sufficient skill in explaining and demonstrating golf skills; and knowledge of the basic game-like drills.
Ability to give positive feedback to correct errors and flaws in the student's swings.
Ability to develop a teaching plan and motivate players to improve their golf playing skills.
Knowledge of current rules of the sport and the ability to interpret them.
Community CPR, American Sport Education Program (ASEP) and Concussion Certification.