- Alleghany Highlands Public Schools employee (preferred).
- Physical strength, dexterity, ability, and desire to complete required duties.
- Knowledge of extracurricular activity (experience preferred).
- Any other requirements specified by Virginia High School League.
- Cooperates with school administration.
- Develops positive rapport with all coaching staff within the school system.
- Organizes coaching staff.
- Develops positive relationships with students, faculty, parents, community, game officials, news media, and opponent.
- Employs appropriate conduct during practice.
- Attends Virginia High School League rules clinics.
- Motivates staff and players toward desired goals.
- Commands respect by example in appearance, manners, behavior, language.
- Adheres to established laws, policies, rules, and regulations.