Hawkeye Community College’s Athletics program is looking for a part-time Men’s and Women’s Assistant Cross Country / Track & Field Coach to join their team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the supervision and instruction of all practices and competitions.
- Recruits’ student-athletes for the Cross Country / Track & Field program.
- Collaborates with the Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, and Student Services for recruiting and enrolling prospective student-athletes.
- Assists in the administrative operations of the Cross Country / Track & Field program to include scheduling, team travel, etc.
- Assists in monitoring and nurturing student-athletes’ academic progress toward graduation at the college and placement at four-year colleges and universities.
- Promotes positive public relations for the Cross Country / Track & Field program.
- Provides first aid in emergency situations and complete annual blood borne pathogen training and CPR certification.
- Performs set-up, tear-downs, and storage of equipment.
- Enforces and maintains all safety policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years coaching and/or competing.
- CPR/First Aid certification required or ability to obtain within the first 3 months of employment.
- Strong commitment to high ethical standards and integrity.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the State of Iowa and a driving record insurable by the College’s insurer. Must be able to obtain additional endorsements as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexible hours to include evening and weekend hours.
- Demonstrated ability to travel.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse student population, faculty, staff, and the general public.