To create an athletics program favorable to student learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with students, families, and collaborative peers; to guide all students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed for students to succeed in college, career, and civic life; to dedicate oneself to realizing the vision and mission of the district while conducting the work in accordance with the district core values.
- Coaching Authorization or Endorsement issued by the Iowa Department of Education.
- Demonstrated proficiency to perform specific assignment.
- Preference given to successful experience at assignment/level.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.