- Standard high school diploma or satisfactory completion of any General Education Development (GED) Testing Program.
- Florida State Statute mandates that all high school coaches hold a valid Florida Educator Certificate.
- Applicants who do not hold a valid Florida Educator Certificate will be required to obtain an Athletic Coaching Certificate from the Florida Department of Education. Knowledge of the sport and the ability to impart this knowledge.
- Cooperate with and assist the Head Coach.
- Have a detailed plan for each practice.
- Be aware of his/her legal responsibilities and take precautions against any negligence.
- Ensure the adequate care and maintenance of equipment.
- Keep the Head Coach informed of the physical condition and welfare of the players.
- Be highly competent in the activities.
- Teach the fundamentals of the activity.
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with the equal employment and non-discrimination policies of The School Board of Broward County, Florida.
- Participate in training programs offered to enhance the individual skills and proficiency related to job responsibilities.