St. Mary’s Ryken is in search of a Head or Assistant Girls Swimming Coach to begin immediately. St. Mary’s Ryken is a private, catholic college preparatory school and member of the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference. We are seeking a coach who aligns with our mission and vision as a school, who can create a transformational student-athlete experience and be a great educator in our community.
St. Mary’s Ryken also has teaching/faculty positions available. We would be willing to accept a dual candidate if qualified to fill both positions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching practices and training sessions during the traditional season and off-season.
- Communicating with the Director of Wellness to implement strength & conditioning schedule.
- Recruiting and retaining student-athletes from the community who are interested in SMR & swimming at the highest level in the WCAC.
- Programming plans for academic support by communicating with Athletic Academic Advisor.
- Supervising the team at all times while on campus for team activities.
- Driving the minibus to and from games (up to 2 hours away for some games).
- Communicating with the Athletic Director on scheduling and team needs for equipment.
- Communicating with athletes and families about the team schedule, requirements weekly.
- Attending athletic department meetings and events.