Northwestern College is seeking applicants for the position of head athletic performance coach with a start date of January 1. The position is a full-time, 10-month (August to May), dual role appointment with some teaching duties and responsibilities within the kinesiology department.
- Coordinate with coaches and sports medicine staff to develop and implement training for football and other various assigned sports.
- In conjunction with the director of athletic performance and coaches, schedule team training times in the Korver Athletic Performance Center.
- Collaborate with all parties to optimize a student-athlete-centered approach to enhance their health, wellness and performance, and foster lifelong bodily stewardship practices.
- Mentor, supervise, schedule and assist with assessing and providing constructive feedback for undergraduate interns/practicum student assistants.
- Promote and enhance an educational environment for graduate assistants and undergraduate student assistants.
- Oversee general upkeep and maintenance of the Korver Athletic Performance Center to promote a safe training environment.
- Master’s degree and at minimum a bachelor’s in kinesiology/exercise science.
- 1-2 years of coaching experience in athletic performance training.
- CPR/AED and first aid-certified.