- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program;
- Adheres and enforces all departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University, the Southwest Athletic Conference (SWAC) and the NCAA and other authorities that may legitimately influence intercollegiate athletics program;
- Oversees recruitment and selection of student-athletes;
- Ensures compliance with NCAA recruiting rules and regulations related to contracting and entertaining prospects;
- Provides leadership and instruction in personal and athletic development of student-athletes, to include counseling team (members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters, when appropriate.
- Knowledge of academic resources available to students;
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply NCAA and Division rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of coaching methods;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing;
- Ability to adhere to ethical business practices and promote ethical behavior;
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations;
- Ability to provide leadership and direction in programmatic, budgetary, and operational functions;
- Knowledge of the concept, principles and practices of management.
Florida A&M University is an Equal Opportunity Employer including minorities, women, Veterans' and individuals with disabilities.