If employee will be working a schedule other than Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, specify hours and days to be worked
Weekend and evening hours as well as travel can be expected.
If Temporary, Ending Date Recruiting Rate Commensurate with experience. Beginning Salary Flexibility Yes Pay Basis Salary Required Education Bachelor's Degree Do you want to allow additional experience to substitute for required education? No Preferred Education Master's Degree Field of Study MS Office Experience Required Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access Will this position require driving a UT or personally owned vehicle? Yes - Marginal Function Other Computer and Software Skills Required
Knowledge of personal computers, Microsoft Office, and standard office equipment.
Experience and Other Skills Required
- Three years of experience as a baseball coach.
- Specific knowledge in the sport of Baseball and knowledge and compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and flexibility.
- Criminal Background Check.
Do you want to allow additional education to substitute for required experience? No Other Skills Preferred
- Five years of experience as a baseball coach in a university setting.
- Previous NCAA Division I baseball coaching experience.
- Experience with APR, academic success and student-athlete retention.
Description of Job Duties
- Ensure knowledge of and monitor the compliance with NCAA and conference rules and policies by all members of the coaching staff.
- Recruit academically and athletically qualified students to meet UTSA admissions and Division I standards.
- Monitor satisfactory academic progress of all student athletes and arrange for necessary academic counseling through Athletics Academic Counselor.
- Conduct all practice sessions.
- Recommend grants of financial aid with the approval of the Athletics Director and the University Scholarships, Loans, Awards Committee, and Director of Financial Aid.
- Endorse high ethical standards for self, staff and student-athletes.
- Responsible for the hiring, management and supervision of staff, including assistant coaches.
- Responsible for budget preparation and management including all team travel, on- and off-campus recruiting, equipment and apparel purchasing, facility rental and necessary supplies for program success.
- Create appropriate schedule of competitions (home and away).
- Recommend letter awards to the Athletics Director in accordance with approved lettering standards.
- Work with Athletics Communications to develop and maintain a communications program with the surrounding communities, businesses, and supporters.
- Responsible for collaboration and strategic planning with Athletics Development staff to assist with program fundraising.
- Act as camp director for baseball camp operations.
- Has the responsibility for execution of an effective system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Represent UTSA at Conference-USA and national meetings.
Posting Open Date 05/31/2019 Posting Close Date at midnight on Open Until Filled Yes Special Notes To Applicants
- UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
- UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by time of hire.
- At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.