The Athletics Department at Mansfield University is seeking a pool of applicants for a regular full-time Head Coach for Baseball for an appointment beginning August 1, 2019. The Head Coach is responsible for the overall organization, direction, supervision and administration of Mansfield University's NCAA Division II Baseball Program.
Duties include: recruiting student athletes within the rules and philosophy of the NCAA, PSAC, and Mansfield University; evaluating player talent – both academically and athletically; emphasizing academic priorities to student athletes; organizing/conducting practices; scouting and providing appropriate strategy for competitive (game) success; providing direction/assignments to assistant coaches; related administrative tasks; fundraising; and maintaining appropriate communication with students, other coaches, university staff, parents, alumni and media.
Bachelor's degree and five years of previous baseball coaching experience.
Master's degree and five years of intercollegiate baseball coaching experience.
Applicants will be rated on the following criteria:'
1. Previous coaching experience as evidenced by the number of years of experience and level of coaching (high school, community college, college, etc.)
2. Demonstrated recruiting ability
3. Demonstrated fundraising and/or alumni engagement ability
4. Demonstrated ability to retain student-athletes in the program and at the institution
5. Demonstrated commitment to the academic performance success of the team (Examples may include team gpa, APR, or other measures of academic success, including conference scholar-athlete awards, regional and national All-Academic team selections, etc.)
6. Team and/or individual player success rate (Examples may include All-Conference, All-Region, All-America selections, win/loss records, players drafted to MLB, etc.)
Permanent, full-time, APSCUF Non-Faculty Coach position.
Submit a job application on the Mansfield University Employment Opportunities page at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mansfield. Please include a letter of application, resume, and names and contact information for three professional references with your application. Applications must be submitted by June 30, 2019.
Other Conditions of Employment:
Finalists must communicate well and successfully complete an interview process. Verification of all earned degrees through the receipt of original transcripts, acceptable background clearance reports, authorization to be employed in the United States or the ability to obtain prior to commencement of employment, and positive references.
Mansfield University is committed to enhancing the diversity of its employees and student body; hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance and other employment related criteria. Mansfield University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic background, or veteran status. Mansfield University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer complying with the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (Title 42, USC 1990). The Title IX Coordinator may be contacted at TitleIX@mansfield.edu.