- Teaches sports techniques, playing rules, strategies and playing tactics.
- Plans, supervises, and conducts practices and conditions athletes appropriately to prepare athletes for competition.
- Develops strategies to motivate maximum individual and team athletic performance.
- Ensures the highest professional standards and behavior with regard to adherence to NAIA rules and regulations.
- Recruits quality athletes capable of pursuing and graduating with a degree.
- Counsel student athletes regarding rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary, and personal matters.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility status for student-athletes in class and study hall.
- Participates in collection and analysis of statistical data of opponent's teams and designs game plan and strategies.
- Participates in annual continuing education programs regarding NAIA rules.
- Designs a competitive schedule which maximizes athlete development and performance.
- Demonstrates sincere interest and provides strong leadership in the personal and academic development, as well as athletic progress of athletes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Sport Management, or a related field.
- Master's preferred.
- Three years of coaching experience, preferably in a college or university setting, with at least one year of experience coaching the assigned sport (required).