The position of Head Coach is for the purpose of organizing and conducting the athletic program to meet the needs of the participants, by providing them worthwhile learning experiences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibit exceptional integrity and character at all times.
- Act as a positive role model in the school and community.
- Cultivate a program culture that demands respect between participants.
- Actively recruit students within the school to participate in the program.
- Collaborate with and follow direction of the Athletic Director.
- Organize the specific athletic program so that it is consistent with the District, Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA) (as applicable), and Mt. Hood Conference objectives for student/athletes.
- Adhere to all interscholastic policies, rules, and procedures, working within the confines of the rules and by-laws of the OSAA, Mt. Hood Conference, and Board Policies.
- Manage all aspects of the secondary program, at all levels, including practice schedules and routines.
- Prior experience in coaching with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Knowledge of the sport, coaching techniques, and student supervision.
- Skills to effectively communicate in verbal and written modes with student/athletes, parents, assistant coaches, and other school staff. Strong leadership, problem solving, and organizational skills.