To serve as the Head Baseball Coach. The head coach will be in charge of all aspects of the Baseball program, including recruitment of quality student athletes, retention, fundraising, conditioning programs, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, and assisting in scheduling contests and coordinating travel.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the educational mission of the University by coordinating the instruction of Student athletes in the area of Baseball and manage all competition and practices;
- Recruit quality student-athletes for the Baseball program;
- Instruct methods and strategies and coach student-athletes in the sport;
- Schedule practices and competitions;
- Assist with coordinating travel (ex: bus/van, hotel, meals, etc.);
- Transport and supervise student-athletes while on the road;
- Train and supervise assistant coach(es);
- Participate in fundraising activities to supplement the operational budget for the program
- Monitor specific sport budget to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Bachelor of Science/Associates Degree or equivalent experience in physical education, or related/appropriate discipline.
- Current CPR/AED Certification.
- Available weekday late afternoons, evenings, and some weekends.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and productive working relation with athletic staff, trainers, student-athletes and athletic administration.