- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three to Five years of coaching experience on collegiate or high school level
- Ability to work effectively with all collegiate personnel, students, alumni and community.
- Must be knowledgeable of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Effective written/oral communication.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the effective teaching and instruction of all specific technical skill areas to student-athletes.
- Coach student-athletes in their growth and development in the sport with techniques and fundamentals of their position and sport conditioning.
- Develop team and individual strategies to have the greatest chance of winning within the sport, through on-court/field teaching and video instruction.
- Design instructional programs for the team and individual student athletes and instruct student-athletes on how to implement a game plan as determined for each competition.
- Travel to events and evaluate potential student-athlete talent, correspond with all prospects via email, phone, face to face conversations, etc.
- Complete all necessary Compliance and Institutional documentation as required.
- Recruit student-athletes who meet University academic and athletic standards.
- Responsible for direct supervision of assistant coaches, all staff disciplinary actions, and any other personnel management duties as required to maintain a successful staff.
- Responsible for overall performance of athletes’ academic progress by working closely with the academic support staff.
- Work with the NCAA Compliance Office to make sure programs and student athletes are complying with all rules and regulations regarding compliance issues.