ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, organize and lead practice sessions to best develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport. Supervise student athletes prior to, during, and after all school sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety. Head coach is responsible for all levels and aspects of the sport (C-team, JV, Varsity).
- Supervise assistant coaches and volunteer coaches.
- Attend and monitor all practices and games.
- Communicate to athletes and parents student athlete expectations including practice schedules and games, as well as academic performance, respect, commitment, dedication, and sportsmanship.
- Conduct administrative responsibilities including inventory and security of equipment and supplies, budget, transportation, assistant coach certifications, tracking eligibility and academic progress of student athletes, etc.
- Follow all CHSAA and Poudre School District guidelines.
- Coordinate and communicate with the school Athletic Director regarding budget, transportation, equipment, and practice schedules. Establish practice schedules, locations, times, size of team, equipment maintenance, locker- room supervision, extra practices, camps, or out of league contests. Communicate discipline procedures and problems, safety concerns and all student injuries requiring emergency medical services to school Athletic Director.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coaching experience in the sport strongly preferred.
- Must have expertise in the fundamental skills, rules, and schemes pertaining to the sport.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Valid Teaching License or Special Services License issued by Colorado Department of Education.
- Valid CHSSA Coach Certification.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required before coaching assignment begins.