Southwest Virginia Community College is now accepting applications for the position of Head Baseball Coach. The Head Baseball Coach will report directly to the Athletic Director and will provide professional, cross-divisional recruitment to all potential students (occupational, technical, and transfer) both on/off campus and online.
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by basic computer classes; an equivalent combination of training and experience may substitute.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience working with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Establishes positive working relationship with external and internal constituents.
- Knowledge of various athletic and sports programs with background of providing support for athletes, athletic rules, regulations, and equipment.
- Exhibits a high level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage responsibilities effectively.
- Considerable knowledge of student recruitment, enrollment management practices, and college academic programs.
- Ability to coordinate working schedules and supervise personnel.
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications.