Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining a competitive won/loss record of at least .500 in your division and qualifying the team for the Region XIX Tournament.
- Developing and maintaining the skill, discipline and integrity of team during games and practice.
- Statistical reporting and public relations including, but not limited to updating administration with every score and game highlight after each game and keeping NJCAA Coaches’ Website pages up to date.
- Knowing and adhering to the athletic policies and protocol of Union and the eligibility requirements and rules and regulations of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)
- Updating and maintaining student/athlete’s eligibility. Working closely with our student athletes, Academic advisor for student athletes, Coordinator of Student Advisement/Athletics and faculty to help ensure the academic success of the student athletes.
- Attending the Athletic Orientation and Coaches Council meetings.
- Conducting yourself and the Team in such a manner as to reflect a positive image for the team and Union, both on and off the playing arena. You are charged with ensuring that both you and the members of the team conduct yourselves with a high degree of moral integrity as representatives of Union at all public appearances whether on or off campus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three (3) year’s experience in coaching preferred at the college level.
- Coaching and/or playing experience required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Union College does not discriminate and prohibits discrimination, as required by state and/or federal law, in all programs and activities, including employment and access to its career and technical programs.