The Head Baseball Coach is responsible for the organization, direction, and administration of the baseball program, including the implementation and maintenance of standards of academic and athletic excellence. The Head Baseball Coach must have a thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with the rules, regulations, and policies of Marion Military Institute, the NJCAA and Alabama Community College Conference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Alumni, community, and media relations, fundraising and any other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures outlined in the Faculty and Staff Handbook.
- Supports the mission of Marion Military Institute.
- Maintains professional and ethical academic standards.
- Participates actively in staff development and professional growth programs.
- Participates in recruitment activities.
- Assists in student-athlete class registration and advising student-athletes with transfer to four-year athletic programs.
- Meets obligation with regard to required office hours and other directions provided by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred).
- Ability to objectively evaluate physical skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate athletics.
- Working knowledge of the rules of baseball and the ability to teach critical baseball skills required.
- Working knowledge of NJCAA and ACCC rules and regulations and competitive baseball strategies and training techniques.
- Ability to assist student-athletes in registering for academic classes and tracking progression toward graduation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required with the ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the College including, but not limited to, student athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, civic and business leaders.