This position serves as the leader of the NCAA intercollegiate men’s baseball program that recruits and retains quality student-athletes who achieve student-athlete success on and off the field.
- Leadership and management of all aspects of a collegiate baseball program including, but not limited to evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes, scheduling, practice preparation, game strategy, training and player development, scouting, team travel, academic monitoring, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches, community service, and other activities associated with running a successful program.
- Fiscal responsibility within confines of budget appropriation.
- Fundraising for the program through camps, clinics, and other initiatives.
- Conduct program with honesty and integrity per NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations.
- Cultivate baseball program alumni.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience coaching collegiate baseball.
- Strong track record of successful recruiting collegiate level or higher.
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic achievement of student-athletes, superior communication, relationship and culture building skills along with strong organizational structure.
- Experience in program planning, teaching and applicable computer and technology skills are expected.
- Possess understanding of and accountability to NCAA rules and regulations.