Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Head Coach will oversee all baseball operations of the athletic department including but not limited to planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training and performance of all baseball student-athletes along with fiscal program management for the UMES DI Baseball Program.
- Direct assigned Assistant Coaches in the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate baseball program.
- Recruit quality prospective student-athletes and ensure timely submission of their academic records for admissions.
- Monitor academic progress and status of team members, implementing action plans through appropriate staff when needed.
- Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Plan coaching and practice sessions in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.
- Coach team members individually and in groups and demonstrate game techniques.
- Develop and implement game strategy and position assignments.
- Oversee the strength and conditioning programs for student athletes in coordination with strength and conditioning staff.
- Manage all operational, fiscal, and administrative activities for the specific sports program.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills to include writing skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, E-mail and/or similar software applications.