The Head Baseball Coach is responsible for all phases of the NCAA D-III baseball program in accordance and compliance with NCAA, North Coast Athletic Conference (NCAC) and The College of Wooster policies and regulations. Leadership and management of the baseball program includes all aspects of team development, training of student-athletes, retention, total organization and administration of the program.
- Plan, develop, and direct all team training and conditioning activities and contest schedule at a level that will enhance the baseball program’s position of competitive leadership in the North Coast Athletic Conference and the NCAA Division III.
- Prepare and implement scouting reports, practice planning, game prep, and all development of players and assistant coaches.
- Work with athletic trainers to maintain student-athlete welfare.
- Actively participate in NCAC/NCAA/ABCA governance for baseball.
- Manage all administrative operations associated with the program including budget management, coordinating team travel, room reservations, and meals, and working with the purchasing manager to order equipment and supplies.
- Teach course(s) in the college’s Physical Education curriculum as assigned by the PE Chair.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years related experience highlighting a successful record of coaching and recruiting at the intercollegiate level; collegiate head coaching experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certification is required (and can be completed after hire).