Under the direction of the Director of Athletics, plan, organize, coordinate and coach intercollegiate baseball program within the academic and athletic philosophies of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) and the mission of the University; schedule intercollegiate competition, prepare practice schedules; perform special projects or assignments.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and coach the collegiate baseball program within the academic and athletic philosophies of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) and the University Mission Statement; verify eligibility of student athletes according to established regulations and procedures.
- Recruit and retain student athletes to California Lutheran University.
- Monitor and control assigned budgetary expenditures; plan and coordinate fund-raising activities; purchasing supplies, equipment and materials according to established procedures. Follow purchasing guidelines established by the Athletic Dept. and the University.
- Provide for training for baseball, including drills, organized play and other activities; schedule and coordinate practice and conditioning sessions; schedule and conduct team meetings as required.
- Effectively coach student athletes during practices and competition.
- Act as a positive role model for student athletes.
- Valid California drivers license.
- Ability to obtain a Class B endorsed CDL License, insurance coverage (if driving own vehicle) or be insurable.
- Possession of or ability to obtain CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), AED (automated external defibrillator) and First Aid certifications within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work flexible hours with frequent evenings and weekends is required.
- Travel is required.