Carry out the objectives of the program as outlined by the Activities Director. To instruct student participants in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct students in fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to achieve a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
- Responsible for all matters pertaining to the organization, administration and coaching program. Enforce all rules of the Classic Suburban Conference, the Minnesota State High School League and National Federation as they pertain to softball.
- A completed and signed parental permission form and physical examination card shall be in the hands of the coach or Activities Office prior to an athlete beginning practice. Assure that players and coaches under his/her jurisdiction understand the training rule policy. These forms are to be returned to the Activities Director promptly.
- Cooperate with the administration, Activities Director, fellow coaches and students to promote the best interests of the entire activities program.
- Work with the Activities Director in the appointment and dismissal of assistant coaches in grades 7 - 12.
- Valid Minnesota coaching license or NFICEP certification preferred.
- Strong background and expertise in the activity area.
- Proven experience in teaching and modeling character and responsible behavior.
- Positive, high energy, and committed.
- Partners wells with parents, staff, community leaders, etc.
- View success not just as winning; but as helping team members to reach goals.
- Orientation toward continuous improvement.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport/activity and examination of new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.