This position provides leadership under NJCAA operating bylaws and regulations. The position also directs and coordinates all aspects of the development, management, and operation of Luna Community College’s (LCC) baseball program as per NJCAA rules and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops all goals and objectives, training strategies, and player behavior on or off the baseball field. Directs the strategies for the LCC Baseball Program for success as stated in annual strategic plan.
- Oversees baseball proposals and processes procurement for supplies and equipment.
- Plans events and coordinates publicity with LCC’s Head Baseball Coach and manages equipment and facilities.
- Ensures that the baseball program is complying with National Junior College Athletic Association and the appropriate conference rules, regulations and policies.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts individual and team practices, training and competition.
- Represents the baseball program to various institutional programs and externally to media, governmental agencies, students, parents, and the general public.
- Manages the daily operations of the financial operations and coordinates all administration facets of the baseball program.
- Coordinates all transportation, meals, and lodging for the team.
- Supervises the Assistant Baseball Coach.
- Provides documentation to upper Administration as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in the development of Community College athletic programs.
- Management and team building concepts.
- Procurement and monitoring and development of a financial budget.
- Knowledge in NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Weight and diet training concepts.
- Skills in field maintenance.