Under general supervision, assist the board in the fair and just discharge of its obligation to students and staff through performance of the Head Coach role over and beyond the duties of a classroom teacher. Reports to the school principal and athletic director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of all the Athletic Policies approved by the Guilford County Schools Board of Education and is responsible for its implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Knowledge of existing school system, state, and conference regulations; implements them consistently and interprets them for staff.
- Understand the proper administrative line of command and refer all requests of grievances through proper channels. Awareness of all public/staff/departmental meetings that require attendance.
- Establish the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques to be taught by staff. Design conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
- Train and inform staff, encourage professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegate specific duty, supervise implementation, and at season’s end, analyze staff effectiveness and evaluate all assistants.
- Maintain discipline, adjust grievances, and work to increase morale and cooperation.
- Assist the Athletic Director in scheduling, providing transportation, and requirements for tournament and special sport events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess administrative and organizational skills in addition to a thorough knowledge of Guilford County Schools athletic policy and procedure as well as the North Carolina Administrative Code and Statutes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff, parents, and the community.