The University of Maine at Augusta is seeking applicants for the part-time, temporary position of Head Baseball Coach. This 10-month appointment is typically from August 1st through November 30th and February 1st through July 31st of each year with a stipend of $8,500. However, because this first appointment is a partial season, the salary will be prorated based on the start date.
- Coach the Men’s Varsity Baseball team, which includes supervising practices and games.
- Actively recruit student-athletes and recommend candidates for scholarships to the Athletic Department.
- Transport players and support staff to and from games.
- Actively monitor the academic progress of student-athletes, support their academic success by engaging them in weekly study halls during the season, and facilitate referrals to student support resources as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all safety protocols and departmental and university policies.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule that may include days, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Submit the names of team members to the Athletic Director for eligibility review.
- Report statistics to the Athletic Director.
- Assist the Athletic Director in collecting complete and accurate documentation required of student-athletes (e.g., liability waivers, proof of insurance, etc.).
- Educate players regarding the UMA travel policies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training, education, and/or experience.
- Demonstrated baseball coaching experience.
- Ability to recruit student-athletes.
- Ability to organize and supervise student-athletes.
- Ability to teach baseball and make it a positive educational experience.
- Ability to transport others in university vehicles.