Directs, leads, and oversees all coaching/instructing duties for the sport of baseball, assuring compliance with all NJCAA, Region XVI, and MCCAC rules and regulations as well as Jefferson College policies and procedures.
1. Experience playing baseball either as a student-athlete at a collegiate institution or at the professional level.
2. Demonstrate at least two years of successfully coaching baseball.
3. Proven success of recruiting student-athletes in the sport of baseball.
4. Knowledge of NJCAA regulations and guidelines governing the recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in the college and community.
6. Ability to lead and guide student-athletes in the assigned sport.
7. Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
8. Ability to make sound administrative/procedural decisions and judgement.
9. Ability to work respectfully and effectively in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, and staff.
10. Ability to speak effectively to employees/staff and community organizations.
11. Bachelors’ Degree or above required.