The Head Baseball Coach reports directly to the Assistant Athletic Director – Development and is responsible for the organization and administration of the baseball program in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University, Horizon League and NCAA.
- Hire and evaluate Assistant Baseball Coaches.
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University academic requirements.
- Establish procedures to monitor the academics of each of the baseball student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
- Plan and coordinate in-season practices, including team and individual workouts.
- Plan and coordinate out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level.
- Coordinate strength and conditioning program with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Plan and implement game plans for each game, including development of scouting reports of opponents.
- Three (3) years of Division I collegiate coaching experience.
- One (1) year collegiate head coaching experience.