The Head Baseball Coach is responsible for all aspects of coaching the SC baseball program. Recruiting student-athletes, coordinating practices and activity travel, and promoting events and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all aspects of the baseball program and all athletes associated with the program;
- Successfully manage all athletes associated with the program with a targeted focus on academic success, program culture and actions of the student-athletes;
- Design and implementation of effective practice and game plans;
- Direct and independent coaching and skills development of student-athletes during practice and games;
- Assessment and recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Supervising off season programs, scouting reports and player development.
- Previous competitive baseball coaching and recruiting experience is required. Preferred qualifications include head coaching experience or at least 5 years of coaching experience in baseball.
- Experience managing a coaching staff and team members effectively.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of intercollegiate baseball.
- Skill preparing, monitoring and maintaining budgets.