The head baseball coach position exists to recruit, develop, and retain student-athletes that fit the North Central University culture, holistically developing each individual in spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and relational health in order for them to become men of influence who impact lives and glorify God.
- Based on university and departmental mission, effectively recruit student-athletes to fill and maintain a team roster based on NCAA Division III collegiate standards.
- Develop and retain student-athletes in the five major growth areas (spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and relational health).
- Fulfill operational duties to include, but not limited to, practice, game, and facility scheduling.
- Hire and supervise assistant coach(s)/graduate assistant(s) for program.
- Create and foster an environment that equips and empowers team members for academic and occupational success.
- Represent the baseball program at required conference, regional, and national meetings.
- Oversee program equipment and uniform inventory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of high-school, collegiate, and amateur athletic associations with insights as they relate to recruiting trends and best practices.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Sound communication skills in both one-on-one and group settings as well as written correspondence.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Integrity, dependability, and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.