Direct all aspects of a community college men's baseball program, in collaboration with LMC Athletic Director. Responsibilities include: recruitment of student athletes, on-field instruction and coaching, selection of assistant coaches, scheduling, budgeting, knowledge of Commission on Athletics and Bay Valley Conference rules and regulations.
- Coach and teach a competitive intercollegiate baseball program within a classroom environment.
- Knowledge of and abide by the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) rules and regulations that govern baseball at the community college level.
- Oversee team practices, recruiting, budget, fundraising, and preparation of schedule.
- Implement strength and conditioning program specific to each team member's position.
- Supervise assistant coaches and ensure all CCCCD and CCCAA rules, policies and regulations are being adhered to.
- Ensure the academic success of LMC baseball student athletes by understanding the CCCAA, NCAA and NAIA academic eligibility requirements for participation and transfer.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
- 2 years Head or Assistant Coach experience in coaching baseball at the community college, college or university level.
- Experience in working with diverse racial and ethnic groups.
- Possess a Masters Degree in Kinesiology, Physical Education or approved discipline.