Saginaw Valley State University, a DII member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic conference invites applications for the position of Head Baseball Coach to develop, promote and supervise all facets of the Baseball team; develop and execute strategies for the recruitment of student-athletes for highly visible regionally and nationally competitive team; organize and direct all aspects of the Baseball program, organizing practice sessions to enhance the team’s performance; supervise staff involved in the program and oversee budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA and conference compliance rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all relevant institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed. Including, but not limited to: student-athlete eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, scheduling and academic progress.
- Ensure compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations by student-athletes and sport related staff.
- Abides by NCAA Bylaws 10.1 and 11.1 regarding ethical conduct and the responsibility to positively contribute to a campus culture of NCAA rules compliance.
- Promote academic excellence and graduation. Monitor academic progress, including study table and class attendance in coordination with athletic academic advisor.
- Prepare, lead, and execute practice and game plans for both championship and non championship seasons.
- Develop and execute a strategy for building a regionally and nationally competitive team.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Four years of relevant sport coaching or playing experience at the collegiate level or higher
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules and regulations
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a diverse community.