Assists in planning, developing, and coordinating the Men’s Basketball program to ensure compliance with all NCAA and other accrediting association’s requirements for college sports.
- Plans and develops the Men’s Basketball program to ensure compliance with established guidelines and regulations for University accredited events.
- Develops and implements schedules including practice, home, and away competitions to provide participating students appropriate training and academic time for continued program eligibility and personal growth.
- Recruits prospective athletes through personal visits, telephone interviews, and mail solicitation in accordance with established NCAA requirements and standards.
- Discusses personal scholastic and athletic goals and objectives with available opportunities and identifies and recommends potential recruits for available financial assistance through scholarships.
- Monitors academic performance levels of all participating student athletes to ensure compliance with established University and accrediting standards for class attendance and grade performance.
- Plans, develops, and implements a variety of fund-raising events for financial and equipment contributions.
- Master’s degree with five years of college experience and/or 3 years of head coaching experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- A total of 10 years at the collegiate level experience is required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.