Responsible for the administration of a University athletic program including the recruitment of student athletes, team scheduling and programming, public relations, academic support, and the retention of student athletes. Supervises assistant and student coaches. Extensive travel is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Lead the recruiting process of prospective student athletes for a specific team.
- Assist them with required information for admission to the school.
- Provide continuing conversations and contacts to prospective student/athletes.
- Guide them through the enrollment process.
- Coordinate the process for signing each athlete’s letter of intent once they commit to OU.
- Recruit student athletes that are a “good fit” with the University as well as to the athletic team.
- Meet enrollment targets including the retention of student athletes.
- Work as a member of a recruitment team through support of the processes and goals of the admissions, financial aid, business and registrar’s offices.
- Streamline enrollment processes to provide an efficient and smooth transition for the prospective athlete.
- Provide for strong public relations both internally as well as to external constituencies.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and provide options for sound solutions.
- Ability to manage complex tasks and individuals.
- Positive role model for student-athletes, university personnel, alumni, and members of the off- campus community.