Under the direction of the building athletic director/principal, an athletic head coach instructs and works with athletes to prepare them for competition. Coaches help athletes to play their best individually and as a team in sports such as football, baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, wresting, tennis, cross country, swimming, track and golf.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Communicate information regarding expectation, practices, competitions and other events with parents, players and administration in a timely manner.
- Conduct orientation programs for parents, athletes and assistant coaches.
- Work with the building athletic director to develop non-league schedule and confirm league schedule
- Develop procedures and establish open communication with parents and athletes to address any issues or concerns related to the team.
- Manage the ordering, inventory, repairing, and cleaning of all sport specific equipment.
- Work with the building athletic director to secure officials for non-league home games.
- Work with the building athletic director in making arrangement for transportation to away games.
- Implement and follow Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), district, state and school athletic codes, rules and philosophies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three or more years previous coaching experience at high school or college or higher level in the sport being coached.
- Knowledge of overall operation of an athletic program.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication.