- Holds a Valid WV Teaching Certification in Education and/or WVSSAC coaching certification.
- Holds a Valid First Aid and CPR card.
- Complete CPR and AED training.
- Supervise athletes during competition, practices, meetings and travel, which involves the assigned program.
- Instruct athletes in the rules and strategies of the activity.
- Plan and implement activities designed to prepare the athletes for interscholastic competition.
- Issue, inventory and maintain equipment.
- Promote student awareness of and participation in the program. Activities may include poster displays, meetings; signup sheets and informal contact with students. 6. Assist principal and/or athletic director in program development.
- Interact with athletes to promote a positive school and team image.
- Learn and adhere to the rules and regulations of the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission, Barbour County Board of Education and the school to which the coach is assigned.
The policy of Barbour County Schools is that there will be no discrimination made on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or handicap in the educational services or activities which it supports.