Under the direction of the building athletic director/principal, head coach and assistant coach instructs and works with athletes to prepare them for competition. Coaches help athletes to play their best individually and as a team in sports such as football, baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball, wrestling, tennis, cross country, swimming, track and golf.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate information regarding expectation, practices, competitions and other events with parents, players and administration in a timely manner.
- Conduct orientation programs for parents, athletes and assistant coaches.
- Develop procedures and establish open communication with parents and athletes to address any issues or concerns related to the team.
- Implement and follow Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA), district, state and school athletic codes, rules and philosophies.
- Monitor athlete class attendance, behavior and academic progress.
- Ensure quality, effectiveness and validity of any oral or written correspondence with the media.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Three or more years previous coaching experience at high school or college or higher level in the sport being coached.
- Knowledge of overall operation of an athletic program.
- Must pass a district background check.
- Possess valid CPR/First-Aid, Pupil Activity Permit, Fundamental of Coaching, Concussion in Sports Course certificates and Cardiac Arrest Course Certificate.
- All things being equal, hiring priority is given to DEA credentialed teachers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication.