An employee in this position will be a personal example of high moral character and superior managing standards. The Head Boys Golf Coach will teach good sportsmanship as the number one priority. This Coach will work with faculty and staff to support athletes’ academic and moral success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the sport within the school by recruiting athletes who are not from other sports programs.
- Promotes the sport outside the school through news media or in any other feasible manner.
- Responsible for the quality, effectiveness, and validity of any oral or written release to media.
- Responsible for maintaining good public relations with the FLIGHT/Booster Club, parents, officials, volunteers, and fans.
- Presents information to news media concerning schedules, tournaments, and results.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers to all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances, and works to increase morale and cooperation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior golf coaching experience preferred.
- Ability and willingness to organize and supervise the wrestling program.
- Supervise, organize and lead practice sessions to best develop golf skills and sportsmanship with student-athletes in the golf program. Supervise student-athletes before, during, and after all school-sanctioned events; ensure student safety at all times and make sure student-athletes are equipped for safety.
- Must have superior knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field
- Knowledge of existing system, state, and conference regulations; implements them consistently and interprets them for staff.