This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student-athletes so that the might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork. To value and promote the worth of each participant while effectively leading players and staff to achieve their individual and collective potential.
- Twenty-one years old.
- Must pass a background check.
- Current Red Cross First Aid/CPR Card.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Must take WIAA online courses and complete WSD head coach checklists.
- Must be current with WIAA coaching clock hours.
- Be able to pass a screening test to provide transportation for student-athletes.
- Regular and punctual attendance to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position to achieve program requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become familiar with and promote the core values of the school’s Athletic Program.
- Serve as a positive role model for students.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and delivering an appropriate range of sports activities and programmes for the team.
- Plan, organize and carry out all practices.
- Assist with sports promotion and development.
- Effectively manage a program and staff.
- Provide oversight and assist with game day preparation.