The Boys’ Golf Coach will oversee the West Boys’ Golf Program and instruct the varsity high school golf team. They are responsible for helping each student-athlete gain success by reaching their full potential in the classroom and on the course.
- Oversee training of golfers in conjunction with the other coaches.
- Develop training plans for golfers in conjunction with the other coaches.
- Assist in overseeing the running of specific events as needed at home games as directed by the Director of Athletics.
- Contribute to match line-up planning with other coaches.
- Attend and coach at all practices.
- Attend and coach at all meets.
- Assist other coaches in monitoring team members’ practice attendance, school attendance, meet attendance and grades
- Assist other coaches in enforcing team policies.
- Responsible for providing student-athletes feedback about their performance related to
- their disposition, behavior and team skills.
Manage program budget organize fundraising efforts for the golf program.
- Competitive playing experience in golf at the high school level.
- Previous coaching experience with preference to coaches with prior successful experience as varsity head golf coach.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of contemporary golf systems.
- Commitment to year-around personnel skill enhancement and program improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive motivation and development of student-athletes including year-around monitoring of conduct and academic performance.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain open communication with coaching staff, student-athletes, parents and age group golf coaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge about instructional progressions of golf techniques.