- Supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Supervise and monitor Assistant Coaches.
- Instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize and direct individual and small group practice activities.
- Formulate game strategy.
- Maintain the equipment in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Model behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- 1-3 years of Head Boys Hockey Coaching experience at the High School level preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the game is paramount. Extensive knowledge of current coaching techniques and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to relate to students and to teach them on and off the court.
- Must be willing to accept a high level of accountability.
- Must possess the ability to assess players.
- Candidates will be interviewed and the candidate who ranks highest in the interview process and meets the requirements of the position will be recommended for the position
- Completion of a successful interview.
- Successfully complete the RIIL-NFHS sponsored Fundamentals of Coaching Course
- Successfully complete a standard First Aid and CPR course.