Guide participating student athletes in the achievement of a high level of skill, discipline, sportsmanship and citizenship. To oversee and promote the athletic program in accordance with NFHS, IHSA and RPS #205 Board Policies and athletic handbook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all actions are in concert with Board policies as well as the mission statement, beliefs, objectives and parameters found in the Board’s strategic plan.
- Participates in job training and professional growth opportunities in order to enhance ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Plans and communicates with assistant coaching staff regarding practice schedule and competition strategies which ensure the health, physical well-being and success of student athletes.
- Coordinates fundraisers, athletic activity account deposits and distribution of funds in accordance with Board Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate qualities aligned to our core values of Character, Communication, Collaboration and Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to accurately record and manage information.
- Knowledge of industry standards and new approaches.
- Ability to work independently under broad or limited supervision.
- Ability to establish priorities appropriately, demonstrating an understanding of the urgency of tasks and the impact of tasks.