The Head Boys Soccer Coach has the responsibility for leading the athletics program in a manner that serves the best interests of the school district and of the student athletes who participate at any level in that program.
- Bachelor's degree, with emphasis in Education preferred.
- Current or prospective employment as a teacher in the Omaha Public Schools and the identified site preferred.
- Individual must be able to meet Nebraska School Activities Association guidelines, which include Nebraska Teaching Certificate and/or Special Services Certificate with endorsement in coaching.
- High School coaching experience in the specified sport, with prior head coaching experience preferred.
- The varsity position requires deep knowledge of the sport and must be able to foster positive human relationships and to work effectively with students, staff, parents and community.
- Supervises the athletics program in the specified sport at all levels of competition offered by the school, ensuring the safety and well being of all student participants.
- Sets and maintains appropriately high expectations for learning and classroom performance as a condition for participation in athletics. Assures that students’ academic performance is monitored and supported to ensure success.
- Sets and maintains high behavioral expectations for student athletes and staff who participate in the program, assuring that all conduct presents the school and the school district in a positive manner. Supports the values of competitive sports including hospitality, sportsmanship, and fair play.
- Assists the Athletic Director and the building principal in selecting, assigning, supervising, developing, and evaluating staff at all levels of the program.
- Promotes the athletics program through district-approved activities with elementary and middle school aged students. These activities are offered in order to enhance the development of skills and knowledge of the sport in young children.