- Manage all aspects of the high school program including off-season program, tryouts, practice schedules and routines.
- Select and supervise/mentor assistant coaches.
- Provide regular communication with parents/families.
- Regularly track the academic progress of all student athletes in the program and facilitate necessary support systems to ensure their academic eligibility.
- Cooperate with other school-sponsored sports and encourage athletes to compete in other programs.
- Develop and implement an off-season program for athletics.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- The presence to be a role model for high-school student-athletes and public face of the program.
- A commitment to the importance of academic excellence and achievement for all student-participants in the program.
- Demonstrated ability to lead young student-athletes.
- The ability to communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, including parents/community.
- Skill in organization, time management, and public relations.
- A thorough knowledge of the game of soccer, skill development and coaching techniques.
- The skill to teach fundamentals, develop and teach strategy and articulate a program philosophy.
- Applicants should have experience as a head coach at the high school level, or assistant coach at the college or 5A/6A level.