To motivate and develop each athletes’ skills, attitudes, and habits that will guide them toward success, personal growth, and good character. To provide examples of fair play, team building, and respect. Provide leadership and motivation to excel.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all tryouts, practice meetings, and in-school events, and supervise students during related field trips and other out-of-school functions.
- Organize practice schedules and game rosters.
- Assign positions to players, and develop strategies and styles of play.
- Attend out-of-school meetings, supervise fundraisers, and help students prepare for competitions.
- Coach individual participants of varying abilities in the skills necessary for achievement in [the sport].
- Track student performance throughout the season and develop stat sheets on players
- Arrange with the athletics and activities director for any necessary transportation, scheduling, hiring of officials, or other arrangements for competitions related to the sport.
- Ensure the safety of the students and maintain responsibility for the security of equipment and facilities and ensure that safety equipment is used correctly.
- Employment as a teacher – preferred.
- NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching and/or ASEP Principles of Coaching required.
- NFHS Online Concussion Course required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of [the sport], sports training, conditioning, injury prevention, management, and the rules of the Idaho High School Activities Association Handbook.
- Related experience as determined by the Board.
- Ability to foster and sustain students' interest in the activity and promote skill development.
- Possess good organizational skills.