The Head Boys Soccer Coach has the responsibility for leading the athletics program in a manner that serves the best interests of the school district and of the student athletes who participate at any level in that program. The head coach works cooperatively with the administrators of the school to assure that the activities related to the program are consistent with building needs and practices as well as the rules identified by the Metropolitan High School Activities Association and the Nebraska School Activities Association.
- Bachelor's degree, with emphasis in Education preferred
- Current or prospective employment as a teacher in the Omaha Public Schools and the identified site preferred
- Individual must be able to meet Nebraska School Activities Association guidelines, which include Nebraska Teaching Certificate and/or Special Services Certificate with endorsement in coaching.
- High School coaching experience in the specified sport, with prior head coaching experience preferred
- The varsity position requires deep knowledge of the sport and must be able to foster positive human relationships and to work effectively with students, staff, parents and community.
- Supervises the athletics program in the specified sport at all levels of competition offered by the school, ensuring the safety and well being of all student participants.
- Sets and maintains appropriately high expectations for learning and classroom performance as a condition for participation in athletics. Assures that students’ academic performance is monitored and supported to ensure success.
- Sets and maintains high behavioral expectations for student athletes and staff who participate in the program, assuring that all conduct presents the school and the school district in a positive manner. Supports the values of competitive sports including hospitality, sportsmanship, and fair play.
- Develops and communicates an administratively approved plan for teaching and supporting appropriate student behavior including possible consequences for unacceptable behavior. Assures that the plan is implemented consistently and fairly to support the development of the student athletes and promote the success of the athletics program.
- Develops and implements a cohesive athletics program in the specified sport that teaches skills and promotes team play of all program participants through instruction, practice, and competitive events.