This position will remain open until filled. Tumwater School District reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time after the initial screening after 4 PM on Friday, December 8, 2023. It is in the applicant's best interest to submit materials as soon as possible.
- Provide direct leadership and organization for all levels of the assigned sport/activity; support Head Coach.
- Provide direct ongoing supervision of all athletes, manage before/during/after all practices/conditioning sessions, games/ travel and other school-sanctioned events.
- Develop appropriate objectives of the assigned sport/activity.
- Maintain knowledge of league and district rules and regulations related directly to the assigned sport/activity, student participation and parent/community involvement.
- Continually teach and emphasize safety procedures and precautions to all athletes.
- Manage the sport/activity budget, equipment and supply inventory, order all necessary equipment and ensure all equipment and facilities are maintained in a safe condition.
- Operate and maintain district equipment as required; insure their safe and proper use; protect the interest of the district regarding pilferage, loss, theft or abuse of all district facilities and equipment.
- Arrange for and manage all equipment repair and maintenance as required by the manufacturer, insurance provider, and district.
- Report, verbally and in writing, to the Head Coach, any equipment and/or facility found to be in an unsafe condition.
- Ability to motivate student athletes and interact positively with persons of different age groups and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, administrators and community members.