Responsible for all levels and all phases of his or her sport. Particular duties may be assigned to assistants, but the head coach is responsible for things getting done correctly and on schedule.
- Maintain a variety of records for the purpose of complying with district, athletic conference, state, and KSHSAA requirements. (Examples: required forms such as the pre-participation physical exam, concussion form, insurance waiver and medical release, activity consent forms, tryout/participation agreement forms, emergency contact information, schedules, equipment inventory, game/student-athlete statistics, accurate squad roster, etc.)
- Verify that no candidate is issued equipment or allowed to practice until he/she has completed a KSHSAA pre-participation physical exam, completed a concussion form, provided a signed insurance waiver and medical release and provided tryout/participation agreement forms. Ensure all transfer students have met the KSHSAA eligibility requirements prior to participation. Ensure all participating students have purchased the required activity ticket.
- Implements practice schedules and other schedules (examples: usage of facilities and equipment, staff assignments, etc.) follow all school and district policies for scheduling facilities for practice and submit practice schedules to administration and office staff for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operation.
- Supervise practice sessions and maintain the security of the locker room.
- Certified teacher or qualify for Rule 10 certification through the Kansas State High School Activities Association.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Current certification in CPR and AED.